We speak with Andrew Keen, the pioneer of calling into question the impact of technology and the resulting new business models on society.
He has been called a luddite and a technological Antichrist for calling out such concerns.
Today, no-one calls him that today.
He is the author of the fantastic books:
The Cult of the amateur
The Internet is Not the Answer and the focus of our chat:
“How to Fix The Future”
Andrew’s book “How to Fix the Future” outlines a map of how we might approach the future of humanity amidst a world of ai, technology, algorithm and tech behemoths.
Andrew looks at how humanity has overcome huge change in the past and how we can use what we have learned in the past to fix the future.
- Legal regulation, where innovation and regulation are symbiotic. Andrew discusses some of the exemplars of regulation and how we can learn from them. We also discuss governments driving change such as Estonia, Singapore and even China.
- Innovators and innovation diving change
- The role of consumers and social responsibility, where consumers shape society with their needs.
- Philanthropists, non-profits and committed change makers like Edward Snowden and you Andrew Keen!
- Education and our roles as parents, teachers and educators of every kind.
You can find more about Andrew and where to buy his books here: